XENT005 Professional Reporting (4 op)
The course provides a structured and interactive process for producing assignments which are commonly found in professional academic and working life situations. Particular emphasis will be on developing communication competence for multicultural business environments.
Both written and verbal assignments address the types of professional documents and communication skills commonly found in working life situations, as well as academic texts. Course assignments include e.g. a synthesis paper, a team project, and acting as a critical reviewer.
- recognize, understand and use the conventions, language and register needed in professional and academic contexts.
- demonstrate an ability to work in diverse teams.
- be able to synthesise and critically evaluate professional and research information both orally and in writing
- demonstrate an ability to reference a range of appropriate sources in both written work and presentations.
- know how to critically assess the work of others, and provide constructive feedback.
- know how to critically assess and edit their own writing.
Compulsory for some Master's degrees – check your requirements from your HOPS
TARGET GROUP: Compulsory course for Master’s degrees in economics at the School of Business and Economics.
PROFICIENCY LEVEL: B2 -> C1 (upper intermediate - advanced)