XYHX1011 Tekoäly opiskelu- ja työelämän tekstitaidoissa (3–4 op)
The course develops students’ AI literacies by offering them a general understanding of how AI and large language models such as ChatGPT (collectively referred to as “AI” or “AI tools”) may be used in academic and working life. By the end of the course, students should be equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to use AI tools effectively and ethically in their academic and working life, while being aware of the potential challenges and limitations associated with these technologies.
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to
- Assess and describe their own proficiency in using AI-generated content ethically, effectively and appropriately in their own studies at different stages of the research and communication processes; and document and reference them appropriately.
- Demonstrate their understanding of how to exploit AI tools such as large language models in their own learning.
- Critically assess and discuss current public debates about AI and its impact across different languages and cultures.
- Critically assess their own and others’ machine-generated texts, including issues of accuracy, cultural context and nuance.
- Demonstrate their understanding of the application of AI in workplace contexts relevant to their own interests.
3-4 credits are available. 4 credits are awarded for completion of class work, assignments and an agreed project. 3 credits are awarded for completion of class work and assignments only, without the project.