XPOX1001 Survival Portuguese 2 (3 op)
This course is for beginners who has some prior knowledge of Portuguese, specially Survival Portuguese 1, whether Finnish or exchange students. It focuses on Brazilian Portuguese. In this course, learners will develop their language skills while also exploring Brazilian culture.
Each online class session is a mixture of lectures, discussions and in-class individual and group participation. Learners are expected to actively participate and engage in coursework. In addition, students are also expected to complete simple homework assignments as part of their coursework. It is important to note that while this course focuses on developing the four language skills (listening, reading, speaking and writing), grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and culture are integrated into the course in a natural and meaningful way.
By the end of the course, learners are expected to:
- understand most common written and spoken texts involved in traveling and living in Brazil and Portugal
- communicate in travel situations, with vocabulary related to transport, airport, hotels and residence
- be able to ask for directions and understand instructions associated with everyday situations
- report activities they have done using some verbs in the past;
- understand the main idea and some details of advertisements and written texts;
- feel comfortable in an environment where Portuguese is spoken;
- understand a little about Brazilian culture.
Overall, this course aims at reaching A1 level, as outlined by the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Learners are expected to complete some simple assignments during the course (skill-areas: listening, reading, speaking and writing). In addition, at the end of the course an exam is held. The approval is based on their performance in the different components of the exam and in the assignments.
- Esitietoryhmä 1