XENX029 Activate Your English (3 op)
This course provides students with opportunities to revise, restore and improve those English skills that have deteriorated through lack of use, opportunity or courage. There is a special emphasis on setting the ground for academic-type tasks in English, but also an introduction to useful study skills and strategies. Students will carry out writing, speaking, reading and listening tasks to stimulate their skills and also to build up on what they have previously learnt. The language used throughout the course by the instructor and students is English.
Contact teaching and independent study. Compulsory attendance in class tutorials. Individual, pair and group tasks and assignments.
- have regained and improved upon their English skills to some degree,
- have begun to expand their English vocabulary,
- hold brief oral presentations, lead group discussions and collaborate in English on joint assignments,
- have a more accurate picture of their own skills, abilities, and learning needs in English,
- have learned how to use Internet resources to support their own learning needs and aims,
- be more alert to opportunities and ways of using and improving their language skills,
- have gained understanding and practice o basic study skills and strategies in language learning.
Valmentava kurssi, joka sopii kertaukseksi ennen pakollista tutkintoon kuuluvaa kurssia
TARGET GROUP: Primarily intended for JYU degree students
PROFICIENCY LEVEL: A2 - B2 (lower intermediate - upper intermediate)