XENK001 Academic Reading (3 op)
On completion of the course, students are expected to:
- have developed academic literacies and strategies required for information management and evaluation (e.g. locating, critically assessing and using information; extensive and intensive reading)
- identify types of academic reporting and argumentation, as well as discipline specific conventions, concepts and terminology.
- recognize and adjust to interdisciplinary or intercultural differences in communication.
communicate and interact competently in various formal and informal situations in both general, field-specific academic contexts and professional situations, using a variety of strategies.
- discuss, summarise, synthesise, and formulate research information in their own words orally and in written form.
- direct, monitor, and assess their own and peer learning for the development of further skills and confidence.
Toteutetaan vain Jyväskylän avoimen yliopiston opintojaksona.