XDOC1001 Starting to write as a doctoral student (2 op)
This course provides an inspiring and encouraging starting point for students who are at the early stages of their dissertation writing process. The course offers students a safe environment for reflecting on their role as academic writers, whilst also providing a range of hands-on assignments and activities. In addition, all tips and guidelines given during the course are aimed at supporting students’ independent writing process.
On completion of the course, participants are expected to…
- be more familiar with their own identities as academic writers
- have gained insight into the differences and similarities between monograph and article-based dissertations
- show awareness of the challenges academic writing may present
- be familiar with a variety of strategies to address individual challenges.
- be better equipped for giving and especially receiving feedback as part of the dissertation writing process
For any questions concerning this course, please contact the course-specific responsible teacher and not the curriculum-level responsible teacher whose contact information you see on this page. You can find the course teachers and their contact information by going to Completion methods -> Teaching -> Basic Information.