KTTS4110 Principles of Banking (5 op)
The concepts of money, banking and financial markets, financial institutions, new forms of financial intermediation, market structures, competition, co-operative and relationship banking as special cases, banking and financial crises, monetary policy transmission, regulation, macro-prudential policies, economic growth and financial stability
• know the specific characters of banks as firms
• are familiar with the role of banks as financial intermediaries in the overall economy
• understand the monetary policy transmission mechanism during normal and crisis periods
• recognize the forms of regulation and its effects on banking and economy as a whole
Recommended timing for BIF students: 1st year.
Recommended timing for Finnish M.Sc. degree students: 3rd or 4th year.
Lecture notes and all the other relevant material distributed through Moodle
- Mishkin, F.S., 2018. ‘Economics of Money, Banking and Financial Markets, 12th Global ed.; ISBN: 978-1292268859