JSBS1110 Research Methodology (3–4 op)
The course provides the students with basic knowledge about qualitative and quantitative methods in business research, research ethics and research materials. The course offers students an arena to understand how to plan and conduct scientific research, how to look for suitable journal articles and how to analyze empirical data.
This course supports the Sustainable Development Goal 4 (Quality Education). This course especially promotes lifelong learning by proving tools for conducting research and assessing research results.
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
• understand the nature of scientific knowledge and the main paradigms of science
• understand the differences between quantitative and qualitative research methodology
• generate research plans for both quantitative and qualitative research designs
• explain basics of research ethics
• frame a study and to plan and conduct data collection
• understand the basics of case study research and survey study designs and the main features of ethnographic, action, focus group and narrative research designs
• evaluate the quality of research
- Esitietoryhmä 1
- CEMA2110 Business, Society and the Environment (5 op)Ei julkaistu tälle opetussuunnitelmakaudelle