IHMJ5101 Powtoon afternoon (1 op)
Animations can be powerful pedagogical tools. Powtoon is an internet software system for making visually impressive presentations and animations. Its simplest version is free. This short course introduces the basic features of Powtoon technology. Lots of examples are shown how Powtoon videos can be used in teaching. Participants have a chance to make a Powtoon video themselves.
-Animation as a pedagogical tool
-Planning your animation
-Powtoon resources: the timeline, backgrounds, characters, props, shapes, images, videos, sounds, styles.
· Participants understand the benefits of using animations in teaching
· Participants know the basic principles of animation planning
· Participants know the basics of Powtoon internet software
· Participants can make a simple animation
To complete the course, participants are required to:
• to do the pre-assignment
• participate in the contact teaching session and group work