IBES2420 Financial and Strategic Analysis (5 op)
The aim of the course is to build a practical understanding of how to analyse firms from financial and strategic perspectives.
On successful completion of the course, the students will be able to
• acquire financial and strategic information of publicly listed firms
• calculate key financial ratios of firms and understand what they mean
• compare firms based on their financial position
• compare firms based on their strategic direction
• analyse the potential benefits and drawbacks of mergers and acquisitions
• produce high quality oral presentations suitable for the business environment
If you have not studied any accounting or finance before, this course will be very difficult. In that case, complete the introductory accounting course first, and take this course on your second year.
Online materials assigned by the lecturer.
- Recommended readings listed in the course brochure