XEN0096 Academic English Communication 2 (3 op)
This course provides opportunities to develop oral and written academic English skills in a multicultural and multilingual environment. Through individual and group work, the course covers conventions and cultural considerations associated with spoken production, oral interaction, and critical evaluation of sources. Typical tasks include delivering a presentation, working in teams, reading and discussing research or reports, and academic language development activities.
Contact teaching and independent study. Compulsory attendance in class tutorials.
- communicate and interact in multicultural and multilingual teams, negotiating and expressing opinions, in order to complete tasks,
- read and critically evaluate academic resources and evidence,
- prepare and deliver a presentation following academic conventions, appropriate language register and structure,
- compose a coherent and referenced academic text,
- assess their own and peer’s skills to develop future confidence and learning.
TARGET GROUP: Primarily intended for incoming short-term exchange students
PROFICIENCY LEVEL: B1-B2 (intermediate - upper intermediate)
PROFICIENCY LEVEL: intermediate - upper intermediate skills (B1-B2) in English