JSBS1130 Quantitative research methods in marketing and corporate communication (5 op)
study module provides the students with advanced knowledge of quantitative
methods in business research, research processes, analysis methods, and
interpretation/reporting. Students will learn how to plan and conduct quantitative
scientific research, and how to analyze and interpret empirical data across
different data sets and purposes.
After completing the study module, the student:
• understands the nature of scientific knowledge and the main paradigms of science
• understands the main assumptions of a quantitative research methodology
• knows the main features of quantitative methods such as surveys and most relevant statistical methods and analytical designs
• is able to generate research plans for measuring quantitative research data
• is able to develop a solid study plan and conduct data collection and analysis
• can critically evaluate the validity and reliability of results• understands and can clearly explain the basics of research ethics and their implications for quantitative research results
material assigned by lecturers.
- Hair, J.F. et al. (2015). The essentials of business research methods (3rd ed.). London: Routledge. (e-book)
- O'Gorman, K. D. & MacIntosh, R. (2015). Global Management Series: Research Methods for Business and Management. Goodfellow Publishers (ebook) (a selection of chapters)
Osallistuminen opetukseen (5 op)
Contact teaching course including lectures and exercises, autumn semester. Active participation is expected. The study methods of the contact teaching course are
specified in the study program annually.