IHMJ1106 Ethics of Open Science (1–2 op)
Description:There are two versions of this course: 1 ECTS Moodle course and 2 ECTS blended learning version that contains also a face-to-face teaching session in addition to the online part. The course explores the ethical questions of the general forms of open science: open access, data and process. Both the good and bad sides of each form are carefully analysed. However, this course does not systematically answer practical questions like where I can store my data if I want to open it.
-The traditional ethos of science vs. open science
-Ethical questions related to open access
-Ethical questions related to open data
-Ethical questions related to open process and methodology
· Participants are able to recognise and analyse the key ethical questions of open science
· Participants recognise and understand key ethical principles guiding open science
· Participants gain a realistic picture of both the possibilities and challenges of open science
· Participants gain a deeper understanding about how open science solutions could be applied in their own research projects
To complete the course and get 1 ECTS, participants are required to:
• actively engage with the course materials,
• do all quizzes associated with each topic (you are expected to study the material before attempting the quiz!),
To get 2 ECTS,
participants are required to do the online assignments and participate a
contact teaching session.