EKIP1020 Written Communication (5 op)
The course offers students an overview of different approaches to writing and the basic principles of academic writing. In addition, students will get practical tools, which they can use throughout their studies.
Assessment detailsParticipating to lectures, completing written assignments and giving feedback on others’ writing.
After the course, students will be able to
- see the individual and social nature of writing
- explain the basic approaches to writing
- recognise basic features of different kinds of multimodal texts
- use sources effectively and critically in their own writing
- produce short, basic texts according to academic conventions, using appropriate and accurate language
- recognise the different phases of the writing process
- give peer feedback on others’ texts
- plan time management for their work and take responsibility for their work
- better understand their own skills and ways of learning and themselves as writers, and evaluate their skills
- see the relevance of these skills in working life.
Attendance policy: 83%
Osallistuminen opetukseen (5 op)