EDLS1015 Managing Change and Understanding Diversity (5 op)
The course focuses on the core elements of organizational change within education in the increasingly complex society of today: change in the organizational culture; interconnectivity between educational change and school improvement; school/organizational reform; change as a process; tensions and paradoxes related to change; and collaborative leadership dynamics as a catalyst for change.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to
· define and use concepts of equality, diversity and inclusion, understanding the multiple perspectives involved
· understand the societal connectedness of education and school institutions with ability to adapt varied educational solutions and models into different contexts
· outline the temporal changes, and critically use and analyse different arguments in the diversity and inclusion related discussions
· find ways to understand and support diversity and inclusiveness in a socially sustainable way
· recognize change as a complex and multifaceted phenomenon and use multidimensional and reflective approaches in addressing it
· understand the requirements diversity places for educational and pedagogical leaders in work contexts, steering documents and in changing society
To be announced at the beginning of the course.