DMCS2120 Digital Interaction (5 op)
Building on theories about stakeholders, issue arenas/management, social media engagement, dialogic communication, content marketing, news media and employee communication, this study module examines digital interactions inside and outside organizations and explores how organizations attempt to manage these interactions for their own strategic purposes. The study module contributes to a better understanding of how organizations can listen to and engage with stakeholders and the issues important to them in ethical ways. In doing so, this study module supports UN Sustainable Development Goals 4 Quality education and 16 Peace, justice and strong institutions.
After completing this study module, the student will be able to:
- critically reflect on challenges and opportunities facing organisations attempting to strategically engage with their stakeholders online
- identify organisational stakeholders (inside and outside the organization), the issues important to them, and issue arenas where they interact
- understand how organisations interact with stakeholders through various online channels and communication strategies
- analyze and plan an organisation’s digital interaction with diverse stakeholders.
- use social media to interact with stakeholders on behalf of organizations.
Reading material assigned by lecturer, available in Moodle course space.