XENT006 Academic Literacies for CEM (3 op)
This course is tailored for students in the CEM Master’s Programme and integrated with CEMS2110 Sustainable Transition and Business. The main focus is on academic literacies and competences needed for studying corporate environmental management and sustainability issues in English. All course assignments are integrated with subject study assignments and support both oral and written academic and professional communication in multicultural disciplinary contexts. The key topics include critical and scientific reading, managing, evaluating and synthesising information, writing traditional and reflective essays following the conventions of the discipline, academic integrity and working in multicultural teams.
Contact teaching, collaborative and individual work, joint final workshop with CEMS2110 teacher.
Compulsory and active participation. Successful completion of core assignments. Final grading is based on the applicable grading scale for the course.
- be familiar with academic literacies in their field,
- have developed reading techniques for critical, intensive reading,
- understand general types of knowledge and information management needed for academic writing,
- demonstrate skills in synthesising research both orally and in writing,
- have developed strategic communication skills in multicultural teams,
- be able to do self and peer assessment,
- practice academic ethical standards.
This course is compulsory for first year students of CEM.