XEN0096 Academic English Communication 2 (3 op)
This course provides opportunities to develop oral and written academic English skills in a multicultural and multilingual environment. Through individual and group work, the course covers conventions and cultural considerations associated with spoken production, oral interaction, and critical evaluation of sources. Typical tasks include delivering a presentation, working in teams, reading and discussing research or reports, and academic language development activities.
Contact teaching and independent study. Compulsory attendance in class tutorials.
Compulsory and active participation. Successful completion of core assignments. Final grading is based on the applicable grading scale for the course.
- communicate and interact effectively in multicultural and multilingual teams, negotiating and expressing opinions, in order to complete tasks,
- present information and arguments based on critical use of academic resources and evidence,
- prepare and deliver a well-structured and clear presentation following academic norms and discipline specific conventions and terminology,
- compose an argumentative, clear and persuasive academic text based on references,
- assess their own and peer’s learning for the development of further skills and confidence.
Elective course. Preparatory course, to follow Academic English Communication 1
TARGET GROUP: Primarily international students.