OJUP2010 Content and Language Integrated Learning (5 op)
History and development of Content and Language Integrated Learning; pedagogical implications of teaching-learning a subject through a foreign-language; developing and adapting materials and methodologies for CLIL; CLIL in different contexts; observations of CLIL in different school contexts; CLIL practice for JULIET students
Active participation in teaching, written task, reading material, group work activities, individual reflection, teaching practice
Active participation in course meetings and completion of the learning assignment/s.
Criteria for grades will be presented/agreed during the course.
• to draw on their understanding of education and CLIL research to critically consider CLIL as a pedagogic innovation
• combine their understanding of educational theory and practice for CLIL in particular subjects
• understand the role of educational communities in the introduction and development of an innovation such as CLIL
• to plan and implement CLIL units of work, accompanying materials and assessment procedures
- Coyle, Hood & Marsh (2010) CLIL: Methods and Language Integrated Learning, Cambridge University Press; ISBN 978-0-521-11298-7 978-0-521-13021-9
- Mehisto, Marsh, Frigols (2008) Uncovering CLIL: Methods and Language Integrated Learning and Multilingual Education, Macmillan ELT; ISBN-10 0230027199 ISBN-13 978-0230027190