OJUP1060 Foreign Language Pedagogy (5 op)
Theories of and methodologies supporting foreign language learning;
different approaches to evaluation of foreign language learning;
exploration of different perspectives (e.g. pupils and teachers) on foreign/additional language learning
Active participation in teaching, written task, reading material, group work activities, individual reflection
Active participation in course meetings and completion of the learning assignment/s.
Criteria for grades will be presented/agreed during the course.
• construct and express their pedagogical perspective with regard to foreign language learning
• critically reflect on and design units of work and means of assessment drawing on different theories, methodologies and technologies of foreign language learning and teaching
• understand issues of identity and agency related to foreign language pedagogy
- Bland, J. (Ed.). (2015). Teaching English to young learners: critical issues in language teaching with 3-12 year olds.; ISBN 9781472588579 9781472588562
- Allwright, D., & Hanks, J. (2009). The developing language learner. Hampshire.; ISBN 9780230233690
- Cameron, L. (2002) Teaching languages to young learners.; ISBN 9780511733109