KVVA103 Introduction to Intercultural Communication (5 op)
The aim of this course is to introduce the fundamental principles and issues of intercultural communication from an interdisciplinary perspective as well as to develop perception and appreciation of different cultural perspectives and values.
Lectures, online course, written assignments.
Completion modes for Human Sciences Summer School students: Lectures, written assignment(s).
Passing the course requires completion of all required assignments in line with stated learning outcomes. An 80% attendance requirement is applied.
Grade-specific assessment criteria are introduced in the course.
- identify major research directions in intercultural communication
- critically discuss the fundamental principles and topics in intercultural communication from an interdisciplinary perspective
- perceive different cultural perspectives and values and appreciate cultural diversity
- analyse communication between people from different racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds in both national and international settings.
Timing for students in MDPs in Intercultural Communication and Intercultural Management and Communication: First year
- A selected set of readings.