ERIS318 International Perspectives on Special Education (5 op)
Special education, inclusive education, human rights, intervention, efficacy
Participation in contact teaching and/or independent study, learning assignments and/or exam. Mode of completion to be specified in the Study Programme.
Active participation in teaching and completing and passing learning assignments/exam.
- have knowledge of the essential aspects of the development of special education
- understand the most important international agreements related to special education
- be able to compare the implementation of special education and the factors affecting this across different countries
- understand what methods are most efficient in special education and how these relate to general education
- be able to critically analyse the role and significance of special education in relation to international policy aiming at inclusive education